Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Linkedin Requests (Short Blog, Statement); Update on Two of my Blogs

Here are some of what I've been up to lately...

LINKEDIN REQUESTS

It's not common for some of my Facebook friends to request me to have a LinkedIn account. But the requests have been more ramped up lately.

In the last few months, I've been receiving requests from some of my Facebook friends for me to join LinkedIn, which is a social professional networking site based in the Bay Area. The first time that I've been requested to join LinkedIn was back in September 2013, according to e-mail requests that I've been watching on my Gmail account.

Another person, who is a DJ that has family in San Jose, but is based in Las Vegas, also sent me a request, who goes by his name called Nicholas Camp, also NikkoC, or his current stage name, Hamsterdamm. He sent me a request in late-February 2014, according to my e-mail records.

The latest person to have sent me a LinkedIn request was Westley LaPorte, who is the person behind two Kickstarter projects, PhoneSoap and Luma Lamp. I not only have backed those two projects, but also four more projects on Kickstarter, plus a couple more on Indiegogo. I plan to write more on both the Kickstarter and Indiegogo projects in two phases including one on both the PhoneSoap and Luma Lamp; they will be up by the 25th of each month (the first one is on 10/25). When the blogs are up, I'll make the announcements on my social media pages.

I do personally appreciate those people sending in requests for me to have a LinkedIn account. However, I am currently in progress of my English major at San Jose State University (SJSU), which will be my priority. I am fortunate to say that I will have a LinkedIn account in the future, but I won't say when I will have one. I plan to announce only in one or more of my social media pages when my LinkedIn account is actually up so do follow me on Twitter and Instagram as well.


SHORT UPDATE ON TWO OF MY BLOGS

Normally, when I write up blogs, I typically average only 10 views per blog. But some of my blogs have been notable because my blog writing has scored a lot of views.

When I wrote on the blog on the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) 30-foot bus that was scheduled to roll-out, I have received over 100 views, the most of any kind in my history of writing blogs so far, as well as one of my first blogs to reach past the 100 mark. My social media pages have contributed to the unusual amount of views.

Another blog, which was on my own words on Alejandro Reyes, who is also known as DJ Alex Reyes, have received over 20 views in a 24-hour period. I have also received some rather wonderful praise from Reyes himself, despite not knowing when Reyes was diagnosed with Cerebal Palsy.


Original Work: Kyle Chak
E-mail: chak595301@gmail.com
Twitter/Instagram: @KyleSChak

No comments:

Post a Comment

The editor of this blog has the right to edit or delete any comments that involves the use of any offensive language. Please be considerate to people that has commented on my post. This is not a social networking site, so please use proper formatting. If linked via Facebook, the editor asks that all questions and comments are to be posted on Facebook.