Sunday, October 12, 2014

DJ Alex Reyes in My Own Words - My Part of the Story on My Type of a Neurological Disorder


You may have seen him on the streets, or at parties. You probably have seen him on local Bay Area television. So what about his great talent and the talk about prevention of identity theft?

The man real name is Alejandro Reyes, or otherwise commonly known as DJ Alex Reyes. A longtime Fremont resident, his great ability to be a cameraman and his DJ ability puts him as one of the great talents that I think anyone can connect with.

Long before I met Reyes, I tend to be a bit confused on what to do next. I was concerned for example of identity theft, especially when purchasing items online with my debit card. Watching promos of Reyes made me think of how the Investigative Unit makes me aware of what I would need to be aware of. Reyes would also make my day special the moment that I first saw him.


HOW THE PATH CAME TOGETHER

So how did I manage to be aware of what I'm doing? Well, long before I met Reyes, I always have watched investigative reports on frauds, scams, corruptions, the political powers, and so on. That was my first foray into what my next scenario might do next. One of the most memorable reports exposed in the investigative unit is San Jose's public money, how it was spent, how people are abusing the use of funds, and one of my most memorable things, the tough questions to San Jose mayor Chuck Reed on the misuse of the data that even the city council wanted him the ask. Jenna Susko, one of the Investigative Unit reporters, has tackled that part, and eventually has won her honor.

When Tony Kovaleski, another one of the Investigative Unit reporters, looked on the issue of the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA), I decided to then further my writing by investigating the Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC) and how in particular that their 511 online system is not giving out accurate fare information, and why BART chose a fare system that is not in line with Bay Area transit agencies that accept the Clipper card. Some readers may still be speculating after my write-up on whether BART has any plans to change their fare system to be in line with many Bay Area transit agencies.

The first sign of a person named Alex Reyes that I did see while surfing the web appeared in a local news report. In 2012, the Investigative Unit interviewed Reyes on the dangers of identity theft that affected him. A promo that included "We Investigate" in July 2013 also featured Alex.

The biggest piece of the puzzle never came in until somewhere in 2014, when a mysterious message appeared on my Facebook named Alejandro Reyes, and at first, I never knew who he was until my message on Instagram reminds anyone to not send messages if you were not friends on Facebook. The reason why I said that is for my safety of the Internet use, which I feared another identity theft on my page.

Eventually, Reyes and I got together for the first time on October 3, 2014 at his place, where he and I got together for lunch.


THE NEUROLOGICAL DISORDER 

I read the article from Alex Reyes who told readers that he does have a neurological disorder type of disability. For Reyes, he revealed to the American Disc Jockey Association that he has Cerebral Palsy, a disorder that could spell some communication trouble and social barriers. However, his passion for his music and whatever he loves to do has continued and despite his Cerebal Palsy diagnosis. It is still not known when he was diagnosed with Cerebal Palsy.

Reyes is not the only person that I know of that has a type of neurological disorder. In the summer of 1998, I was on my family vacation in Hong Kong. My mom and aunt ordered me to take a trip, across the Cross-Harbour Tunnel, to the Kowloon area to see a psychologist. The psychologist did an examination on me, which my mom and aunt claimed that I was going to get a flu shot, which in reality, it was not.

As soon as I got back from Hong Kong at that time, a release from the Morgan Hill Unified School District soon uncovered my psychologist's findings. The report indicates that I do have a type of neurological disorder associated with autism. That was my biggest trouble of learning in my life, which meant an unknown future for me at the time the report was released.

Since my fifth grade, I have gotten out of trouble starting to behave better in my elementary school in Morgan Hill, but my disabilities have a questionable future, even continuing into middle school at Britton. However, my improvement in my behavior occurred in two stages, which began in my fifth grade. The second milestone in my behavior improvement occured at the beginning of high school at Live Oak in Morgan Hill, which I learned to mature even a lot better than I did in middle school, with a special thanks to my aide who guided me the way out of big trouble.

My first foray into use of public transit occurred near my end of high school and the beginning of my college years, when in late-May 2007, I started taking BART from Fremont to the Oakland Colosseum station for my first ever baseball game. A short time after I first got my Clipper card (which was then called TransLink), I evenutually graduated from Live Oak High School. However, my use of public transit never came into frequent use until I started going to San Jose State University (SJSU). My neurological disorder, as well as being nervous, has continued to have some type of barrier that prevents me from doing all that I want.

Even with my type of neurological disorder today, similar to what Reyes have but in a slightly different mode, I have made some improvements on how I took transit, now with the addition of my SJSU Tower Card's EcoPass that allows me to ride VTA's buses and light rail. However, as of today, I continue to use my Clipper card as a backup in case my EcoPass is absent or if my trips do call for destinations outside of VTA's service area.


MY VIEW OF ALEX REYES SO FAR

I view Alex Reyes as a special type of person with a disability, but has a great passion for whatever he loves to do. Reyes and I have shared experiences with how his take on identity theft has affected me. The application of my experience on identity theft was definitely something that I take more seriously than before, thanks in part to Reye's motivation. The only time that I have experienced such a breach on identity theft is when my bank called me to let me know that there was a security breach, just as I was about to purchase new books for my learning at SJSU. I would be given a new debit/ATM card to keep hackers at bay. It was my scary moment, but Reyes has kept me in check.

Reyes has plenty of stuff at his arsenal ready to DJ at places that are open, so when I have time, I'll try to drop a visit to the booth. Perhaps when he might have time, he could see himself in a variety of places of what makes the Bay Area a great place to explore, such as the First Pleasanton Wednesdays and the Gilroy Garlic Festival - two of the places among my favorite place to entertain myself; the latter is also a few miles from my home nest in San Martin. But who knows when he is definitely on the scene - I'll probably have to check it out whenever DJ Alex Reyes is there.


EDITORS NOTE: Alejandro Reyes, also commonly known as DJ Alex Reyes, is connectable on social media - you can find him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. You can also connect with him on his official website.

Original Work: Kyle Chak
E-mail: chak595301@gmail.com
Twitter/Instagram: @KyleSChak
NOTE: I am also connectable on YouTube, SoundCloud, and many more. You can inquire with me at any time for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The editor of this blog has the right to edit or delete any comments that involves the use of any offensive language. Please be considerate to people that has commented on my post. This is not a social networking site, so please use proper formatting. If linked via Facebook, the editor asks that all questions and comments are to be posted on Facebook.