Sunday, May 3, 2015

The Blog Announcement Preview - Another Kickstarter Project?

Two years ago, the first Kickstarter project I recalled backing was a device called the PhoneSoap. This was the first project that Wesley LaPorte, the brother of my high school class of 2007, Trenton, had first invented in 2012 and successfully raised over $63,000.

The year is now 2015, and another one of my friends (though not from my high school) wants to create a Kickstarter project. He first attempted to design a bar soap that would "banish" any harsh ingredients, though Kickstarter rejected the proposal. The mission of his project is to help secure a person's device more efficiently. So what is the project called, and how does he want to complete the mission? The answer will be coming soon, with the date to be announced.

In the meantime, he wants to do a video to showcase Kickstarter viewers what the project looks like. So far, since no one is stepping up to help him create a video, I'm the only guy that has a GoPro camera that would help. He believes a GoPro would be useful in creating a video.

However, major changes will be coming to my GoPro camera. Within a week or two, I plan to replace the micro-SD chip with a better quality version to accommodate video recording with no buzzing sounds. The video will be part of my own YouTube post in a video playlist separate from other videos not shot on my GoPro, though my word mark will appear. The replacement of my micro-SD chip is another important step forward towards my investment in my GoPro, something that I've been working on for a couple of years. I will keep the old micro-SD chip for computer and regular camera use in the event that I would need to back up files.

The official announcement will be in this blog or in my GoPro blog. Until then, please make inquires with me.

Original Work: Kyle Chak
E-mail: chak595301@gmail.com
Twitter/Instagram: @KyleSChak

No comments:

Post a Comment

The editor of this blog has the right to edit or delete any comments that involves the use of any offensive language. Please be considerate to people that has commented on my post. This is not a social networking site, so please use proper formatting. If linked via Facebook, the editor asks that all questions and comments are to be posted on Facebook.